Insh’Allah, we will soon be adding times and dates for the Minhaj Youth League North America gatherings.
- Mobeen Mian
- Hashir Ahmed Siddique
Here is the Info Sheet for the Youth League:
Objectives of Minhaj Youth League (MYL) USA
1. Build good character of the youth through spiritual purification:
- Try to stay in the state of ablution (wudhu) as much as possible and complete all 5 prayers daily
- Recite one tasbih of each of the following: Darood Sharif, Istaghfar, and 1st Kalima Sharif (Lailahaillalah).
- Recite the Qur’an the correct way with tajweed and understand the meaning on a daily basis; even one page is fine.
- Try to pray Tahajjud prayers if you regularly pray 5 times a day.
- Try to attend Halqa-e-Duroods and Darse Quran with your parents as often as possible.
2. Enhance technical and practical skills of the youth:
- Be trustworthy, honest, and truthful in all your affairs
- Respect humanity and be humble and kind while dealing with people.
- Be good to your family, relatives, and neighbors, regardless of their faith. Do not compel anybody to follow your beliefs.
- Adopt a simple way of living. This does not mean that you give up everything; it just means to stay in moderation.
3. Promote objective-oriented thought among the youth:
- Find people within the youth who share similar thoughts, goals, and hobbies and make new friends.
- Work with others in the league to place English books of Shaykh-ul-Islam into public, school, college, and university libraries as well as the mosque in the community.
4. Promote social welfare activities:
- Volunteer for the fundraisers that we might have in the future. They might include football games, naat mehfils from young artists, Eid programs, and food drives to assist those in disaster-hit areas.
5. Restore self confidence and encourage and promote the spirit of serving the nation
- Follow the rules and laws of your house, your school, your city, and your country.
- Volunteer at your schools and communities.
6. Guard the youth against sexual abuse, drugs, and obscenity:
- Achieve spiritual purification as described in goal #1
- Stay in good company
- Learn how to say “no” and stand up for what you believe in.
- Attend the study circles that the MYL will be organizing on interesting topics written by Shaykh-ul-Islam.
- Read the books and watch the videos in English that Shaykh-ul-Islam has written on different topics to strengthen your imaan.
7. Install the democratic behavior and nurture leadership facilities in the youth:
- Come forward and openly participate and encourage others in this mission.
8. Work actively and effectively for reducing environmental pollution:
- Respect all living things, including animals and plants.
- Do not make the world an ugly place; recycle, carpool, plant flowers, etc to help reduce the pollution and to make the world more beautiful.
- This includes cleaning your room!!!!! And helping your mom and dad by picking up your dirty socks.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
Participate in Halqa-e-Durood, Darse Quran, and other Minhaj event in your area.
Interested in getting involved?
MYL Dallas is in need of volunteers for various tasks including:
• Graphics Design
• Video Production
• Singers/Nasheed Artists
• Literature Editors
• Magazine Writers
• Event Organizers
• Bilingual People
• ANYTHING ELSE!